While, we have always, witnessed, partisan – politics, in some forms, in this nation, it seems, in recent memory, never, to the degree, we see it, today! When, this behavior, transforms itself, into, being, obstructionists, and, little, of consequence, seems to get achieved, and/ or, even, addressed, doesn’t that seem, to be, concerning, the quality future, the generations – to – follow, need and deserve? When nearly, every American, needs and deserves, certain things, and, politics, interferes, we must address this, sooner, rather than later! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 specific things/ areas, which must be addressed, in a well – considered, timely manner.
1. Access to affordable medicine: Although,we like to pride – ourselves, on our health – care, system, the data, says something, different! In, nearly, every area/ analysis, we are, at – best, middle – of – the – road, in how we treat, the health of our people! Why are we, the only, major nation, where access to quality care, depends on one’s personal finances, etc? Why is the cost of prescription drugs, so much higher, than the rest – of – the – world? Why is medical/ health insurance, so costly, and limiting? Shouldn’t quality health care, be a right, rather than, simply, a privilege, to the few?
2. Environmental protections: If, we don’t protect, clean air, and water, consistently, strongly, and without – compromise, we will leave, a less – than – desirable planet, and nation, to those, who follow! Air pollution is a proven factor, in many illnesses, and diseases, especially, those, related to respiratory conditions, etc! Many developmental, as well as other, diseases, illnesses, and conditions, are directly – related, to water conditions!
3. Climate Change: We cannot continue, as a nation, and planet, to permit the deniers, to state, Climate Change, is a hoax, when the experts, state, otherwise. We have witnessed, more – severe weather conditions, etc, and, the melting of the ice, at the planet’s poles, clearly, presents a longer – term, danger!
4. Equal rights/ justice: Our Constitutional guarantees, protect, many rights, freedoms, and justice. It does not say, this is based on race, or socio – economics! We must protect these, if we are to remain, the beacon, for freedom, throughout the rest of the world!
5. Equal employment opportunities/ equal pay, for equal work: We will only be a great nation, if we demand, and protect, equal employment opportunities, as well as the concepts, of equal pay, for equal/ same work! Women, people – of – color, etc, statistically, do not receive these protections!
6. A fairer, tax system: Traditionally, we have claimed, to have a fair, graduated, income tax, but, since, around the early – 1980’s, this concept, has been, dramatically, reversed. Today, the weathiest, 1% of Americans, receive a significant, tax advantage, and in 2017. this became, even – more, so! If, we hope to make the United States, the Land of Opportunity, we must, seek to make this system, both, fair, and reasonable, to – all! Today, our middle – class, suffers, the most, from this system!
We must, at the very – minimum, address these 6 areas, sooner, rather than later! Will you demand better, from your elected officials?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539