As we know that the fresh water that is available to us is limited. But with the tremendous increase in population, the consumption of this fresh water is increasing at an alarming rate. So, are we doing anything to conserve this fresh water? By analyzing the current situation, the answer is an obvious no. On the contrary, there are a number of irresponsible human actions that are a serious threat to our precious water resources.
Let us look at some facts that urges us to take action now.
- The ground water level of many countries has fallen to an alarming rate and is continuously declining. This has already disturbed or water cycle.
- By the year 2050, it is estimated that the water demand will grow by 55%. This will result water shortage in many developing countries.
- The atmospheric pollution that is caused either by the vehicle emissions or by industries causes acid rains, than enables the surface fresh water to become acidic and contaminated.
- In every house gallons of water is wasted due to lack of sense of responsibility.
- It was a long ago predicted that the third world war will be because of water.
So, is it not our present generation responsibility to take this global crisis in our hand and contribute as much as we can? Even if every individual comes forward and contribute in saving water, the water crisis will be reduced to a great extent.
Here are some real life solutions that can easily be implemented at a practical level:
- As we know a huge amount of water is used to flush the toilets. So, instead of using the regular toilet flush, it is better to opt for flush that uses comparatively less water.
- Using an aerator in our regular faucets can drastically reduce the water consumption.
- The washing machines that we use to wash clothes uses a large amount of water. So, along with opting for a water efficient washing machines, try to run the machine only when it is full.
- Find all the leaks and fix them as soon as possible.
- Rain water harvesting.
So, along with saving the water, we must educate others as well about the importance of water conservation. We must understand that our environment needs water to maintain the life cycle. This life cycle is not only necessary for humans but also for all other living species on this planet. So, let’s make a collective effort to make each and every drop of water count.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Prerna_M/2417349